Judging: WWF Conservation Leaders
Former CEO of Wines of South Africa (WOSA)
Su Birch has a distinguished track record in marketing and advertising, and held the position of CEO of Wines of South Africa (WOSA) from 2000 until the end of 2013 when she resigned to start her own marketing co-operative, Thinking Seahorses. Su has received international and local recognition for her work in wine including:
- 2005 Lanson Woman in Wine Trophy, IWSC, London
- 2006 Cape Masters of Wine “Wine Personality of the Year”.
- 2009 Drinks Business Woman of the Year
- 2012 Wine Intelligence top 10 influential wine personalities
- 2013 Drinks Business Green Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 2013 Drinks Business Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Wine
Su ran and wrote the content for Tastetrip, a tourism website, for four years and is the programme director of the annual Business of Wine & Food Tourism Conference in Cape Town, now in its fifth year. She is a guest lecturer on Wine Tourism at the University of Cape Town and presented on wine tourism at Wine2Wine in Verona in 2018.
Su holds degrees in English and Sociology and an MBA. Most recently she has qualified and started a practice as a life and business coach. life and business coach.