Judging: Authentic South African Experience
Strategist and change maker
BA Hons, Masters in Business Administration – Museum Management (University of Michigan)
Janet Pillai is the CEO and Founder of Multilayer Trade Corporation, (MLT Corp) a company that offers a seamless vehicle hire, shuttle and accommodation solution from inception to completion in the public, private corporate, tourist and maritime sectors.
Her extensive business knowledge, has built the capacity and infrastructure of the company to manage both mass and niche bespoke needs with both domestic and international clients.
She has worked for academic institutions and governments and has achieved all her qualifications cum laude. She has been awarded the King Chavez Sparks Visiting Fellowship as well as a Visiting Fellowship to the Smithsonian Institution.
Appointed as a visiting fellow at the University of Fort Hare. She was involved in the Liberation Archives Project which led to the establishment of the Liberation Archives project as well as the mirror archive at the University of Michigan.
Making the transition to government she managed the Arts, Culture and Heritage portfolio for the Western Cape Provincial Government until she established Multilayer Trade Corporation in 2002.
MLT Corp is a results driven company which prides itself on good governance and sound turnaround time and service. The team has been handpicked and has had the benefit of Janet’s mentorship and has grown with the company into positions they currently hold.
Janet Pillai is active on the speaking circuit handling topics such as Transport, Tourism, Culture and Heritage, Oil and Gas and Women’s development and mentorship.
Janet Pillai’s Memberships and Nominations
- The Press Club (Individual)
- South African Oil and Gas Alliance
- Board Member Womanzone Cape Town (Chair)
- Board Member Streetsmart South Africa
- Board Member 88 Business Collective – Mentoring and Development
- Board Member Allan Gray Orbis Foundation – Mentoring and Development
- Committee Member SATSA Western Cape
- Cape Town Tourism (Company)
- Member Institute of Directors of SA (Individual)
- Member SKAL (Individual)
- Member Fedhsasa (Company)
- Member Stellenbosch 360 (Company)